Friday, October 9, 2009

Jamie's World

I don't think my life is boring and that every day is the same but I could probably tell you all the things I accomplish in one day. I take care of my basic physical needs. I shower, eat, brush my teeth, brush my hair, moisturize, wash my face, and put lipgloss on. I know at some point during the day I will study or try to work on one of my many projects. And the rest of the time I will spend with my boyfriend and puppy. I can count on doing these things. After I thought about whatI do everyday, I was trying to figure out why do I do these things? I do them to take care of myself, to enrich my mind and to socialize. But what could I change in my life that would benefit the world. Everything seems so so in place, so standard, that I wasn't sure where to start.

So I had to just start with my schedule. I brush my teeth twice a day, I know there are eco friendly products for toothpaste and I could switch mine. I could probaby do this with any the products I use daily. I'm sure I could find a eco friendly moisturizer or lipgloss. Then food, food is something we've talked about in glass. How it's better to buy from a local farmers market then Wal Mart. I actually watched the documentary on the evils of Wal Mart and it inspired me to try to stop buying products there and I have begun buying my foods from the local grocery and the local farmers I see that have set up shop in town. It is another change and I think it's a positive one, because we talk about how people have to take action or else things won't get done. I think I've started to change the direction of my life to help the community.

I guess at first I wasn't sure how to answer this question, and then after I continued writing, I realized the things I use to do, I don't do anymore, and I've changed from learning things in class about helping the community and preserving the environment and these things have helped me take the step in the right direction.

1 comment:

  1. Small steps! That's how we get into our problems and how we'll get out.

    ReplyDelete