Friday, October 30, 2009

Google

One company that I really respect is Google. And although I have read their philosophy and goals, I think the one thing that they did that earned my respect was the way they treat their employees. One day I was randomly flipping through the channels and I saw a documentary on Google. I became intrigued and I started to watch. The one thing that I remember is their cafeteria. Google has hired amazing chefs that could cook anything and has offered it to their employees for free! No wonder they are so successful. Could you imagine how happy those employees must be? But besides the free amazing food for their staff, I believe that Google has helped shaped the economy to what it is today and will continue to do so. Google has expanded the horizons for consumers and now we can get access to practically anything just by "googling it." This company has probably put so many companies on the map. I have bought clothing from places that I didn't even know existed until I "goolgled it."
I think that Google will change the consuming habits of America by making everyone an expert. I was watching the series House. In this particular episode House was in rehab. and there was a man with a mystery disease that came. When the doctors met with them, he told them the symptoms and possible diseases that he could have. The man had no prior medical experience, but what he did have was the internet. He had made an ad of his symptoms, promising to pay the person that could properly diagnose him. I believe that these are the kind of consumers that Google is creating. Consumers who are more educated about products. Google has allowed consumers to compare prices and services so now stores from different regions of the country have to compete and come correct. They are coming out with Android, a program that works with mobile phones. This program can read bar-codes and get information as you are standing at the shelf considering which brand to buy. I think Google has made more informed consumers. Producers beware.

No comments:

Post a Comment