Friday, October 30, 2009

BUY MORE!

I am walking down the cereal aisle in ten years, children lagging at hand, browsing for the newest and healthiest brand to feed my children. Whatever nano gadget i will be holding instantaneously pops up all the nutrition facts and reviews of that product, maybe even in a visual hologram. Maybe I will be able to scan the product with my new device and that way I would not even have to look it up. In ten years I could see such corporations such as Google creating this sort of easy-analysis-consumer heaven. Google's purpose is to create a sort of community and openness. With what society can already do today through Google is amazing, so imagine what Google and other large search engines will do to try and make consumer decisions more painless.
I absolutely think that Google encourages consumers to buy more! More! More! Because the more you know about a product the more likely you are or are not going to buy it. I think this will also cause some of the less competitive companies to fail because if there are so many good easy-access reviews about the major companies that everyone loves (coke, huggies, jiff etc.) then the less profiting companies will have little to no chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment