Friday, September 25, 2009

Where I live (in Mexico) we do not celebrate thanksgiving as people here in America do. Nevertheless, one of the meals that I remember the most was actually on last Thanksgiving day.
As opposed to many student that went home I stayed at the dorm, so I did not have any plans for that day because most of my friends were gone, but I got an email saying that if we did not have anywhere to go for Thanksgiving lunch we could go to Lamson Hall and we were going to go to different families' houses to eat there, so I decided to give it a try.
So I went to Lamson Hall and I found out that I was going to a pastor's house, which I dont remember the name, but at the end of the day I thought to my self that it was very nice to have homemade food again, something that I did not experience that much during the semester and just being at a home made me remember my own family so that is why
I think this meal meant a lot to me because even though I was thousand of miles away from home it felt like if I was having a taste of being at home.

1 comment: