Thursday, September 24, 2009

Food-Spiritual?

I love food. I'm a connoisseur of textures, and tastes are important too. While I try not to judge my food based on appearance, I like the odd-looking stuff. So yes, food is very important to me, and I usually think about what I'm eating instead of just stuffing calories down. I'm even still enjoying the banana bread. My quest, though, is to come up with a particular instance when food meant more than it ordinarily does. Ah, fond memories...
Some of my most enjoyable meals have been, inconceivably, when I am alone. Sometimes it is very good to slow down and relax. When I am home (i.e. not at school) and no one else is around, I sometimes turn off most of the lights to cut down on distractions and eat something delicious. Sometimes I eat by candlelight. It is very nice to just sit and eat slowly and get to focus on whatever I want to, especially the food. Pasta is one of my usual choices. These rejuvenating episodes help me to refocus my mind on what is really important to me. Sometimes my thoughts tend toward religious and spiritual topics. Those alone times seem to be vital to my mental health. Other people might find solitary relaxation beneficial as well.

Come on, click the links, you know you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment