Friday, September 25, 2009

Spiritual Food

A time in my life that I remember having a spiritual food moment in my life was when my family had Thanksgiving in my house. Normally we have Thanksgiving in my grandma's house, so this time was special. all morning i could smell the aromas coming from the kitchen i knew it would be something special. Whenever I small my mother's food i feel comforted and at peace. i could smell turkey, cranberry sauce, corn bread, and best of all chicken curry. With all the foods and family together their is just a spiritual feeling that can't be explained. I just love the experience of eating all the hot, fresh food and then just chilling with my cousins afterward. just the fact the the good foods are available in the room for me to constantly eat throughout the day is comforting. Food plays a major role in my life. And whenever my mom cooking massive amounts of food, i feel so contented to be home. It's something that can't be fully explained, it has to be experienced.

1 comment: