Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Last school year I was in Argentina and it was an amazing adventure. Second semester I had two new roommates, Fiorella and Any (prounounced Annie), neither of whom spoke any English, but we soon became great friends. As we were talking one night, Fiorella and I discovered that we both loved this sandwich place right by the park. So we planned a girls night, we would go get the sandwiches to go and come back to the room to eat and watch movies. I loved those burgers, there was something in the burger itself, that made it taste so wonderful.

We picked a night, we got out food, came back in the room, and set everything up. And the smells were just so delicious. The burger was pretty big, the bread was soft, there was lettuce, tomato, and egg. And for some reason you had to eat it with a knife and fork, because it just tastes better that way. We barely talked while we were eating our food, because we were all engrossed with the flavors and tastes, but afterwards, we just couldn't stop talking about how yummy it had been. Then we went back to normal and talked about girl stuff, watched a chick flick and had a great time.

I would say that is the last great meal I had and it was spiritual in a sense that, we had this simple sandwich and it just blew my mind and I got to share it with good people. It's all the ingredients for a terrific meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment