Friday, September 11, 2009

Common Wealth Ch 1&2

This is not an area that I am familiar or even comfortable with to want to add my two cents even after reading these two chapters. I felt that he had a lot of great ideas could probably work in theory, but in reality it couldn't stand a chance. The US is not ready to give up its power nor do I feel it will ever be. It would probably take a huge economical disaster (hmm...), a serious war (cough, cough), or a disease strong enough to cripple this country (achoo). In short the US is not going to hand over its power nicely gift wrapped to any country.

I didn't like his opinions on world population and the fact that there should be this set number. Also, being mathematically challenged, I did not understand the graph nor his math sense. To me it feel extremely arrogant to even try a propose a set gobal population. This will probably make me sound cold hearted, but nature seems to have population control. Disease, famine, wars, and natural disaters have shown mankind time and time again that we are not as strong as think we are. We can prepare all we want, but things will happen that are completely out of our control.

I'm not sure if did this right, but those are my thoughts on these chapters.

No comments:

Post a Comment