Friday, September 25, 2009

Spiritual Sustenance...maybe

So, for this blog Im supposed to equate a time when eating was an almost spiritual experience. I have deliberated and toiled with my memories to try and think of a time when such an occasion arose. Im regretful to say that I can't think of any...Is that bad?? I mean, there are certainly times when eating has proven to be satisfactory, but to relate it as an experience almost spiritual?? Im not sure I can.
So...here I am, trying to think of a singular event when an experience eating left an indelible and lasting mark on my mind. Well...I suppose that the most meaningful times in my life have been shared with other people and so, some of my fondest memories while eating are with the people that I love. Its the thanksgiving dinners, Easter brunches, even the humble, late night taco bell or Starbucks runs with friends that made have made the deepest impressions on my mind. It wasn't necessarily the food itself, but rather the time spent with food. Somehow the food just seemed to make it better. It just seems that meaningful dialogue and a cup of coffee seem to just work.
I think that was in these experiences that food left me on a higher spiritual plane...

1 comment:

  1. I think you've figured out what I hoped you would: it's the experience...the actual food is mostly secondary.

    ReplyDelete