Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Media

Sunday
I had to study for ochem/genetics basically the whole day. But the media I did experience:

Facebook Games (Mafia Wars, Bejeweled, Tetris) - about 3 hours
Facebook in General - about 30 minutes
Pandora Online Radio - 4 hours (no explicit advertising there, however)
Hulu - 40 minutes, 2 minute Honda Advertisement in between the episode
Tennis.com - 20 minutes
Gmail - I got a lot of emails about sales this week

Monday
This is the day I took all those crazy tests.

Media/Indirect advertising of products via influencing/persuading presentations
Bejeweled on Facebook for about 3 hours
Facebook videos - about 30 minutes
Again, got emails about deals and steals at stores, which led me to check out their websites - 1 hour
Saw New Moon (wonderful movie, by the way) - about 2 hours
CNN.com - 1 hour

I realized that I am most exposed to the Media via internet. I don't watch any TV on an actual television, I don't really read magazines or newspapers, and I never look at billboards. If the average college student is anything like me, advertising companies should focus on advertising on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment