Sunday, November 22, 2009

Log of Media.

November 21, 2009.
Saw ads all over the Internet, mostly for indie clothing sites and that one really annoying game (Evony?). Later, I saw a bunch of propaganda for the Adventist church (please don't burn me at the stake for calling it "propaganda"). Didn't have to deal with much advertising until that night, when I went to IHOP in Benton Harbor. Then there were signs and advertisements EVERYWHERE!!! Lots of billboards for McDonald's and Bob Evans and the Halloween Store and the Lion's Den (*embarrassed face*). That was actually about the only media that I came in contact with on the 21st, thank goodness.

November 22, 2009.
Again, this morning, I ran into a lot of Internet ads, for example, the really annoying sidebar ads on Facebook for Lord of the Rings online, "Sorority Life," and Roosevelt University (and many more which I didn't actually bother to read). Also, since I'm working on my Influencing and Persuading project, I've watched about 12 different Burger King commercials (and now I REALLY want some fries...). Later today, I watched some TV with my roommate and saw commercials for Tresseme shampoo, Snuggies (really! Snuggies!), and a trailer for Avatar.

Truth be told, I don't actually come in contact with that many advertisements--probably fewer than the average American does.

No comments:

Post a Comment