Monday, November 2, 2009

acumen fund and seth

a)Jacqueline Novogratz is an amazing success story. What she has started is a great door to help those who need it and to inspire others to do the same. By empowering people to help themselves instead of just giving stuff away she is teaching people how to fish instead of giving them fish. This really is the only way we can help the under-developed world and even those in our own country. It is exciting to see people like Jacqueline get out and do what they want to do and make a difference - failure is not a stopping point and if you are working for what you believe in you will eventually find supporters

c)School teaches us to buy stuff? wow - I never thought of school in those terms - Kind of makes me wish I was home schooled instead.
Decided. I will buy soap.
Goal is not to win
Fail. Fail again. And again.
In this video Seth mentions that what the Acumen fund needs is competition. I found that interesting since most people don't want competition. He was saying that that was the only way the difference the Acumen fund is trying to make will be made and he is encouraging the next generation to step up to the plate and get started.

I really enjoyed looking at the photos and watching the video about the gallery to raise money. As a photographer is made the Acumen fund accessible to me and my means. Maybe one day my photo will be somewhere in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment