Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Rituals

I guess the most important and memorable ritual that my family has is welcoming the Sabbath on Friday nights. Usually my mom plays hymns on the piano and my brother and I either sing or play the trombone or french horn respectively. I'm not sure how long the singing/playing lasts but at some point we stop and read a passage from the Bible or the back of the hymnal. Then each of us prays usually going in order from youngest to oldest. It doesn't feel as if the week has ended the Sabbath has arrived if we don't do this. It is also a wonderful bonding time for my family as we draw closer to God and think on what He has done for us.

I would be irate if some company tried to make a buck off of something so sacred and special. I know that religion is a great moneymaker for those trying to sell there products, but this would be going to far for my tastes. If someone were to try to profit from my experience I would do everything to boycott them and cling even closer to my extra special time with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment