Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Packaging & Brands

I have never really thought of myself as a brand person. Some people only wear or buy expensive brands such as Coach, Gucci, and Versace. As I examined my life I’ve realized that I am a brand person, although I’m not addicted to buying expensive fashion brands, I do buy brand name products over non name brands. In the grocery store when I want to buy cereal I tend to go for the Honey Nut Cheerios by General Mills rather than the non-name brands.
Even with dealing with items such as paper cups , plates or plastic knives and forks, I go for the Dixie brand over the brand that just says paper plates. I know that there probably isn’t much of a difference but I like having my name brands. Even packaging has an effect on me, the more appealing the package the more likely I’ll buy that brand over another. There are some products that just look like they’ll last longer or are better over brands that don’t have good packaging. Things in better packaging look like they are of better quality. I do see that it shouldn’t matter the brand but that is what I am used to and enjoy buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment