Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Acumen Fund

I had listened to Godin's talk before and I do like his ideas. Instead of just handing over what is needed to a town or community, give them the resources to create it themselves and watch the economy and the community change. They are basically teaching the man to fish instead of handing him a box of fish sticks. Also they are getting people to go out of their comfort zone and adventure onto paths that they never would have traveled on before. Furthermore, Godin doesn't paint a pretty glossy picture of success and fame. He lets the listeners know that they will face difficulties and fail, but to not give up just because the work is hard.

On the other hand, I can see some problems with the concept of fixing other people's problems instead of working on the ones right here at home. However I feel that if we take the time to help others the good works will work their way back home and in effect we will find that have taken care of ourselves by focusing on others.

I believe this is the last of my late blogs...sorry for slacking and thanks for the opportunity to redeem myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment