Thursday, November 11, 2010

A "No Worries" Community

The central idea that flows through my creation of an ideal community is the idea of relaxation.  Without saying anything more than that, I think I could already capture a very large amount of people into my community.  The idea of relaxation brings to mind many different things to many different people, depending on what is considered labor and pleasure in their mind.  Relaxation suggests vacation, resorts, sunshine, warm beaches, a hobby, or ultimate serenity.  While these things are not quite how I organized my community, I did base it on a stress-free, or stress-limited, environment.  And who wouldn't want that?

I suppose one efficient way to promote my community would be to set up a blog or a forum where people who live in my community will be able to write about their daily happinesses.  My community will be reasonably priced so that it is not necessary to have a high-paying job to live there.  This will quickly bring in a few people to be the testers.  These people will live their daily lives, just like everyone else, but without all the pressures of a career and homework.  Without these pressures, people won't be so uptight and their constant directions and goals in life will be a little less focused on future outcomes and bit more centered around life in the present and spending time with those you love and even those you've never met.  Life in my community promotes friendships because survival through a good career is not a top priority.  As my testers write about their positive changes, outsiders will read their posts during their lunch breaks at work and wish they could have the same care-free life, not having to return to another six+ hours of work (yes, humans in America are far too overworked).  If people are skeptical of joining my community, they are always welcome to come stay in the home of a community member (cost-free) to try out a life that could be theirs.

The main struggle that I see resulting from my community is laziness.  The less people work, the more they don't want to at all.  However, an easy fix to this is the encouragement of voluntary community service.  Through this work environment, people will not only be accomplishing things, but they will leave knowing that they benefitted someone's life.  Hopefully this feeling will drive them to continue to participate, and laziness will never set in.

My community may sound too perfect and peachy keen.  But if it did exist and was that easy to attain, would you honestly not want to be a part of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment